We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested.
SECTION 1 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and others), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
SECTION 2 - HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our Website (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or requested service).
- To offer you the opportunity to enter a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To contact you for market research purposes.
We may wish to contact you by any of the following methods: mail, email, telephone, SMS. If you wish to unsubscribe or to opt out of a particular channel, please follow the steps contained in the particular message or contact Customer Service.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SECTION 3 - SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
SECTION 4 - BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
SECTION 5 - DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a "Do Not Track" signal from your browser.
SECTION 6 – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information supplied is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider’s database, which can only be accessed by authorized persons with special access rights to such systems and required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your sensitive information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
SECTION 7 – DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. However, we would like to pass your details onto other companies so that they may contact you with details regarding specific products, services, offers, and competitions, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the laws of your country of residence, to enforce our site policies, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We will share your personal information with third parties in other limited circumstances. In such instances, we will, as required by applicable law, obtain your consent prior to sharing your personal information.
SECTION 8 - YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information to be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
SECTION 9 – LINKS
SECTION 10 – THIRD PARTIES
We partner with other third party companies to provide specific services such as web-hosting companies, website development companies, and coupon fulfillment companies. Such third parties may be provided with access to personally-identifiable information needed to perform their functions. However, they are not authorized by Emperor Pets to use such information for any other purpose or transfer it to anyone else.
SECTION 11 - DATA RETENTION
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
SECTION 12 - CHANGES
SECTION 13 - MINORS
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
SECTION 14 - CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions or complaints, please contact us by E-mail to: email@example.com
Please address the related matters to our Privacy Compliance Officer.